Ways of Working
Tailor-made setup of practices that have been proven to deliver stronger collaboration and results across entire organisations.
Why is it important to get right?
The ways of working in an organisation can be compared with a plumbing system. While plumbing relies on the interconnectedness of pipes and fixtures to deliver water when required, internal collaboration relies on the interconnectedness of individuals and teams to achieve common goals.
Additionally, both systems require effective communication and coordination between components to ensure that everything runs smoothly. A leak in a plumbing system can disrupt the flow of water, while misalignments in working practices can disrupt the flow of ideas and progress.
As teams evolve, it is crucial that their ways of working are maintained and updated to continue to function properly.
What are the key areas to cover?
- Definition of expectations and norms.
- Internal rituals.
- Selection of appropriate tooling.
- Adaptations for on-site, remote and hybrid working styles.
- Application of asynchronous methodologies.
- Establishment of standard operating procedures.
- Mechanisms for measurement and iteration.
How can Iterar assist?
The right way of working differs from organisation to organisation. Variables such as the physical distribution of team members, the overarching culture and the nature of business are key to determining the right approach.
A misselection in the ways of working can lead to:
- Communication breakdowns that leave space for confusion and ambiguity.
- Inconsistencies in quality and efficiency.
- Decentralisation of important information.
- An abrasive internal culture due to misaligned expectations.
- The formation of cliques and politics.
- Greatly increased risk of information security issues.
- Difficulty effectively onboarding new team members.
- Inability to grow beyond a certain size due to a lack of standardisation.
The good news is that we have worked with a number of different organisations to establish scalable ways of working. In some cases these efforts have been team-focused, while in other cases it has extended across whole organisations.
In collaboration with your team, we can assist through:
- Assessment of current ways of working.
- Proposing revised ways of working.
- Change management to new ways of working.
- Measurement of efficacy and appropriate iteration.
We worked with a fintech startup to update their ways of working. This is what they had to say about their working environment after changes were made:
"I would always know what to do next and would always get a clear answer to any project related question."
What are you
You miss 100% of the shots that you don't take.Get Started